The Benefits of Spay and Neuter Surgery
When you get your female pet spayed and your male pet neutered, they receive several valuable benefits. The chances of developing certain cancers are greatly reduced or eliminated, and worrisome behavioral issues are curtailed. Nature’s instinct calls for pets to roam in search of a mate and this increases their odds of becoming lost or injured, but pet spay and neuter surgery makes this behavior less likely.
What to Expect
Dog and cat spay and neuter receives the same close attention and compassionate care as other surgeries at Warrick Veterinary Clinic. We’ll closely monitor your pet during surgery and stay with them as they come out of anesthesia. Afterwards, we’ll send you home with the appropriate medications, including a prescription for lots of TLC.
The ways you can care for your pet afterwards include:
- Give them a quiet place to recover for at least 24 hours.
- Keep them relaxed and soothed.
- Keep them from running and jumping for two weeks.
- Refrain from giving them a bath for at least ten days.
- Check their incision site daily and watch for unusual redness, swelling or discharge.
- Distract them from licking their incision or use a medical collar.
Please call us at (812) 897-4855 with any questions about pet spay and neuter surgery! We’re always here for pets and their humans.